18 November 2006

and you were standing in the doorway singing along

Since we've been posting photos related to music and photo inspired by music I thought I might as well post some music. This videoclip might show the most intense treatment of an accoustic guitarr in the history of music (well...).

It's sung and written by the brilliant John Darnielle of the Mountain Goats. He's been called "America's best non-hip-hop lyricist" by the New Yorker and though I don't know all of the lyricists of America he sure is my favourite. His words always creates pictures in my head, it's like beeing thrown into the middle of a movie for a few beutiful scenes. Here's the lyrics for the song he's singing - Nine Black Poppies

I have never tried to capture them so far.

1 comment:

F said...

wonderful music, full of energy!
- f.