12 November 2006

Two Danish Family Albums

Time for some time travel. Here are some of Kim's family, taken on Jylland in the beginning/middle of the century. Let me present the two families of Fabricius and Dauer.


The Fabricius family, ca 1937

Martin Fabricius faced a tragic destiny, ca 1944

Rosa och Daniel Fabricius

And here are the Dauer family from approximately the same period.

These are pictures that mean a lot to Kim, I know. I wish I had similar pictures from my own past, but I haven't. These "time travels" gives a lot of identity to ourselves, I think.

4 comments:

F said...

I think I know how Kim feels about the pictures. I have similar one´s
-they are like treasures.
Very nice post and great pictures from past times
-u

Exposed Material said...

I understand her feelings and I agree fully with what you're writing. I also have a "shoebox" full of memories, and I tend to come back to them once in a while.

Mikael said...

As you say, it gives an identity to oneself and is a timedocument to care for.
Like these one´s

F said...

Jeg syns det er dejligt at kigge på noen familiebilleder fra et naboland, jeg kan godt lide det.

/Thomas