28 December 2006

When Grand Dad went Fifty

My Grand parents were living in Sri Lanka (then Ceylon) during a period in the sixties. Recently I got my hands on Grand Father's letter home reporting on his Fifty year birthday.


Official "on-duty" photo.






"Official photo of the fifty year birthday celebration 28/10 1967.
In front of the Bougainville with the gifts.
Among them is Kalles Kaviar from a dear friend living in COlombo.
(78 Fahrenheit in the shadow at 7.30 in the morning)"



"Lunch time 84 Fahrenheit in the shadow.
Champagne served from the best silver plate the house can offer."



"Our dog Rhum is always by our side.
Especially when we are serving something tasting."



"The lunch being served in the yard.
Special paper napkins signals the special event."


"The Wife looking relaxed after the excellent lunch."


"A happy Fifty-year-old. The guests have left.
The excellent dinner have been eaten.
Coffee with good music still coming up."

"A night cap enjoyed after a evening stroll.
Night shirt already on."



"Mid night. Brushing teeth."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this Christian
Thanks for sharing
/U

Anonymous said...

Fantastic.

Stunning.

I am envious, I must say. I would want to have something like this.

Kate said...

Hey! he is cool. Great pics. Drop into My Blog for some unique birthday gift ideas.

F said...

jösses - underbart!
wonderful & moving & warm!!!
SvartaMalin / BlackMalin