I started to photograph in High School (Media), and learned a bit about
dark room processing, medium formate photography, studio photography
and so on. However I did not continue after leaving high school. After trying
various jobs like music reporter, waitress and assistant at an accounting firm
I started a rock club with a friend in Stockholm; Club Nirvana. I was hostess,
DJ and I also booked bands.
During this time at the club I took up photographing again. I went to concerts
and festivals always with my camera. I decided to commit myself to
photography and applied for the vocational training at Kulturama Photography
School. After being there for two years my photography vision and skills have
improved, I have struggled in the darkroom and become a quite good copist.
I want my pictures to have attitude and contrast and most of the time they
are in Black and White. During the years at Kulturama Photography School
Misha Pedan was my main teacher and mentor but I also had the honor to
meet excellent photographers there like Gunnar Smoliansky, Anders Petersén,
Nina Korhonen, Dawid and others as guest teachers.
It has been an inspiring time for me but now and I am ready to go out on my
own and tell the world how I feel about things.
© Mikaela Lundin www.mikaelalundin.com
invited by ulf fågelhammar
01. Blowsight, Klubben, Stockholm.www.blowsight.com
02. Crucified Barbara, Klubben, Stockholm.www.crucifiedbarbara.com
03. Backyard Babies, Debaser Medis, Stockholm.www.backyardbabies.com
04. Backyard Babies, Debaser Medis, Stockholm. www.backyardbabies.com
05. Hardcore Superstar, Klubben, Stockholm.www.hardcoresuperstar.com
06. Hardcore Superstar, Klubben, Stockholm.www.hardcoresuperstar.com
07. Hellacopters, Rock classics-cruise (Viking Line)www.hellacopters.com