22 November 2007

Invited guest: Kai Godehusen


Kai Godehusen: After several years of shooting with digital cameras only, I picked up a cheap Holga camera six month ago. After only a few rolls of film, I fell in love with the imperfections of this plastic toy and its cheesy build-in flash.The four diptychs "Ghost in the shell" are combinations of photographs I took at the museum of natural history and during my everyday-life as a physicist. I'm interested in the tension that is created between these two completely different subjects: old stuffed animals and shiny science apparatuses. For me it is hard to judge which one is more "alive"...
more from Kai: at flickr


invited by Joanna Kinowska

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool, made me think of animatronics...

Anonymous said...

very "sharp" pictures
great as diptychs
love it

Grisza said...

Great work