03 April 2009

Everlasting moments


A few weeks ago I went to the cinema and saw a wonderful movie called Maria Larsson's Everlasting Moments by director Jan Troell. It's about a young working class woman in the city of Malmö, Sweden, during the early 20th century. She wins a camera on a lottery and starts to develop a passion for photography and begins to explore new ways of seeing.

When I got home from the cinema I came to think about some glassplates that I bought at a garage-sale in Dalecarlia. After looking through a lot of boxes I finaly found them and here they are. (If you're in to the history of cloathing maybe you can help me with their age.)


Btw, I highly recommend the movie
.













7 comments:

jeanne wells said...

Wonderful, markus. Someone just sent me a note about this movie, and I can't wait to see it!

Simon Nestor Lundberg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lina Nääs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lina Nääs said...

Oh my God this is fantastic! Where did you buy the plates? I think the girls on the second image could very well be from Mora or Sollerön even, judging by their aprons.

chhampus said...

very ...

Chris said...

Great pictures,

a treasure really...

Markus said...

I found them i Rättvik but they might be from Mora. No big difference, right...? :-)