14 November 2010

A PEDESTRIAN DISPLAY OF AFFECTION

Daniel Sahlberg Photography 2010 ©.

The city of Toronto. I feel favoured to walk these streets. The people, the architecture, the smell, the taste; the life.

I was in Toronto first time in 2007. First days, I remember wanting to go home so bad. It was late October and was raining sideways. But then after a few days, I never wanted to leave.

I was traveling together with a very dedicated Creative Director, on commission for the Swedish Absolut Vodka Company. It was full schedule. The only day off, I went to the Andy Warhol Art Show; Stars, Deaths, and Disasters. Curator; David Cronenberg (film director). I remember standing there, at the Art Gallery of Ontario (this is Frank Gehry building today) listening to Dennis Hopper’s thoughts about Andy Warhol’s relation to Jackie Kennedy – That, he actually wanted to be her.

I got inspired by all this creativity and wanted to depict the city. But I did not have the time, I had to catch a flight the next day. Nevertheless, two years later I had the opportunity to go back to see a friend. /…/

Finally, this is TORONTO.

Daniel Sahlberg












Links: Daniel Sahlberg Photography, Daniel previusly on the F-blog >>.

Invited by Anders Blomqvist


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots! Never been to Toronto, but it's on my list...

Fredrik G said...

Great job, Daniel!

Exposed Material said...

Thanks for sharing, Daniel! Great work - as usual!

Chris said...

Excellent work!

Thanks for sharing it here!

jeanne said...

Great vision & series, Daniel -- thanks for sharing it here.

Emma Eriksson said...

Det här tyckte jag var helt fantastiskt!

DANIEL SAHLBERG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Shit, this is good Daniel!!

Martin Ekelund said...

Djävligt snyggt Daniel!

Martin Ekelund said...

Mycket fint Daniel!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Daniel!

Anonymous said...

Toronto seems like such a beautiful city!

Anonymous said...

I love this!