30 November 2006

invited guest: Agnieszka Gomolla

In my pictures I am trying to catch the moments, which pass faster than eye blink. My pictures are closest to my heart seconds, kept longer then burst of light under the eyelid. At least, I hope so….

Usually my pictures are B&W, because this is the simplest way for me to express my thoughts. In black and white – it is easier then to choose the colours to the moments stored in memory…as I wished to remember them.


Normally I photograph people, mostly children. I am fond on play with form and light, but most of all with the framing.
I am showing to you my DREAMS - illustrations to my thoughts and dreams. That what I dreamt and that what I’d like to dream.

Dreams are in colour. Always.


Even the sorrow has it’s colours. Don’t even mention dreams of happiness.
I use different gear. DREAMS were created with use of aged, older then me, MF but very simple camera (Druh – MG). All of my dreams were registered on negatives.




Agnieszka "Dzimella" Gomolla is based in Gliwice (PL) architect, photographer and poetress. She believes in real photography, showing rarely her work in internet. I am grateful she agreed to share her dreams with us. Agnieszka is one of the strongest pillars of photographic group Precel - most active photoclub in Gliwice. More of her works you can find here

Invited by Marcin Górski.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Agnieszka!
I love your pictures. How often have we not heard about capturing dreams
in photographs? You come so close, closer than I thought was possible.
/Ulf

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the strange formatting of the article for a while, it has been fixed now.
/Fire dept.

Anonymous said...

Great work and your own site is bookmarked, btw!

Anonymous said...

Very fine serie !
Thank you Marcin and Agniezska !

Markus said...

Wow! Amazing photos. There are apparently lots of photographic treasures to be found in Poland. I love your work Agnieszka

Jeanette said...

Unusual and so creative

Jeanette

Fredrik Skott said...

The colours. Captured dreams, yes!
It is nice to see your pictures here on the blog.
Best, F.