21 November 2006

Man Ray quotes

These are good:

Of course, there will always be those who look only at technique, who ask "how," while others of a more curious nature will ask "why." Personally, I have always preferred inspiration to information.

We asked him whether we could quote him. "Quote me as much as you like; as a matter of fact I don’t even mind if you misquote me !" -Man Ray, [ 9 Days of Photokina "Man Ray on the Future !" An Interview by Ed Hirsch & Ben Zar, Popular Photography, January 1967, Volume 60, No. 1, p. 99]

What type of camera do you prefer to work with ? "None ! I have to modify them all. My cameras are all of my own design. I take lenses apart and put them together again and put them on cameras that were not meant for them." -Man Ray, [ 9 Days of Photokina "Man Ray on the Future !" An Interview by Ed Hirsch & Ben Zar, Popular Photography, January 1967, Volume 60, No. 1, p. 99]

-from photoquotes.com
/urbano

No comments: