08 October 2006

Taking care of the plants

photo: Hans Åström / abeku


Talking about family photography: I was lucky having an uncle who was fond of taking pictures. Nothing fancy about his equipment, a Zeiss Contina, a light bulb flash and a Kodak Carousel slide projector, simple and reliable gear. I'm very fond of the casual situations he captured once in a while among all the other traditional birthday and christmas photos. Here's my grandfather taking care of the plants. A photo from the late 50's.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you see - piece of art, excellent photography. A year ago a Polish collector decided to sell his collection of pictures from 70s, many family or party photos from uknown photographers - he's a reach man now

Exposed Material said...

I would love to see that collection!
- Abeku

Exposed Material said...

Yes Anders, this is the thing! The ordinary situations. Everyday dramas.

I wonder what makes it? Is it the fact the person being photographed is relaxed? Is it the familiarity?

Also, think these pictures often benefit from a distance in time somehow.

I need to get my hands on the dear grandfather's photo collection, really.

Great!
-C

Exposed Material said...

Distance in time, you said. I agree, it adds something to the picture. The time that has passed and never will come back. When I look back at my photographs from the 80's, they start to get that distance in time...
- Abeku

Exposed Material said...

This is what photography is all about, like it a lot!
/Alf

Exposed Material said...

Wonderful

Jeanette