08 December 2006

Nickolas Muray

[Nickolas Muray], ca. 1920 / unidentified photographer.
1 photographic print : b&w ; 17 x 10 cm.
Nickolas Muray papers, 1911-1978.
Archives of American Art.



I received a nice email from Mimi Muray concerning the article "The man from Szeged" posted here on the blog. I like to share some of Mimi´s words with you:
"I like the blog about my father a lot. I think it is educational and enthusiastic, and a nice way for people to become informed about my father's work.

Soon I hope there will be a biographical book about Nickolas Muray, the Man from Szeged, and it will have lots of information and photographs in it. For the time being, there is a book called "I will never forget you - Frida Kahlo to Nickolas Muray" by Salomon Grimberg.

It was published by Schirmer/Mosel in Germany, in English, German, and Spanish; and now it is available from Chronicle Books in San Francisco in English paperback. It gives some excellent biographical information, as well as marvelous photos of Kahlo."

-Mimi Muray-Levitt


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting!