16 January 2007

the importance of...

Sometimes I get afraid that I will end up with lots and lots of photos that I wont understand when I get older. The photos I make today are importent to me now, but maybe not in the future...who knows. But photos of the people around me, the ones important to me, will always be treasured. Therefore I try not to forget them among all my cityscapes and strange abstracts. I don't know if these are of any interrest to someone else but I'll post them anyway.
Saori

Cecilia

Andreas I

Anna Maria

Andreas b S






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have met Cecilia and it feels like I know Saori as well
you are probably right about
which pictures will matter
at the end of the day
/Ulf

Anonymous said...

such important and well done photos! i wish i'd had that kind of portrait :)
i'd like to say you shouldn't ask about the importance of this work, cause it's obvious it will matter,
but i'm asking same questions all the time...

Anonymous said...

Since they are strong portraits in their own right, without knowing the people at all, they are certainly of importance even to 'outsiders'.

F said...

I like your portraits. I'm glad you posted them. I still haven't seen any of the pictures you've taken with me around but I guess I'm too cool to look at...er..hrrm..Anyway I wish I was good at portraits. Maybe I'll start trying.

The thing I like about yours is that no matter who the person in the picture is they will still look sad sad sad like a true Markus-picture. Could it be I'm to happy for your camera? Please come over for coffee. I think I know how the machine works now.

//Umma (who still hasn't understood how to tag her comments)

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued with these - they are of great interest .. the image of Saori is amazing .. truly excellent imagery ..