20 November 2007

invited guest: Liang-I Chang

漁人‧碼頭 Chinese and Vietnamese fishermen in Tamsui, Northern Taiwan series by Liang-I Chang
Chinese fishermen employed by Taiwanese boss are prohibited to get out of fishboat, due to the complex cross strait relationship. So , they work , they eat, they sleep they do everything in the boat and that is their only one place. If they get out of boat and captured by the police , they will be sent back to China.









Liang-I Chang (Leo Chang) is photojournalist who works for the Appledaily, Taiwan's largest newspaper.
I have worked for 15 years in photojournalism and still love my job.
My photography is focused on the people in Taiwan , their live and their work, and I think this is a lifelong topic me -
says Liang-I.
More of Liang-I Chang's pictures you will find here

invited by Marcin Górski

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The man with a Vietnam flag on his jacket asks me to take a picture for him, he wants to mail this picture to his family in Vietnam.

One week later, I go back to their fishboat and intend to send him this picture. But his

friend tell me , he has escaped from the fishboat a few days ago.

I were very sorry I can't send him this picture at that time.

F said...

What a rich documentary work you present here. So many people, so many things to do. Many thanks for participating!

Anonymous said...

let's hope, thanks to F blog, he may have a chance to see one day this picture. thank you for giving us the chance to show your pictures here

Anonymous said...

Very very nice and interesting pictures Mr Chang.

An Xiao said...

Really gorgeous - wow. This is a fine set of documentary images.