02 April 2008

invited guest: Bruno Espadana

No matter what, I always go back to people. I may try other subjects - countryside landscapes, the emptiness of urban life - but people always make me go back.
It can be friends or family, people I know well and care about; it can be total strangers I pass by on the street.


It can be just a look, a wink, a gesture of the hand - manifestations of our individuality in the simplest things. That's what I end up looking for most of the time, even when I don't even realise it.

This selection is a bit of what I've managed to find along this way. I hope you like it.
Text and photos by Bruno Espadana.
More of his pictures you may find here ->
invited by Marcin Górski

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very fine work Mr Espadana. I like the humanity, the nearness in your pictures. They present themselves like a world of its own, although so familiar. Like a tale of everyday life.
Many thanks for being here with us.

Anonymous said...

so intimate and beautiful feelings coming out your pictures. Bravo

br said...

i cant say it better than Ulf and Paolo: emotive and beautiful work!

cafe selavy said...

It is not only the chiaroscuro in your work that focuses the eye, but the incredibly sharp focus that falls away to obscurity. I will learn from these whose hallmark is that they say more about vision than about the vision's subject. Good stuff.

Rhonda Boocock said...

Wonderful humanity photographs!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work, Bruno -- both the photographs and your words. I would agree that your work reminds us of how we see as well as what we see. To do that gracefully is a real art!

Alberto Lizaralde said...

Fantastic work. deep.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting work!

Chris said...

Really lovley work Bruno!

/Christofer

Anonymous said...

very nice and intimate material