16 November 2006

Broken Shadows

As Fredrik said, music and photography to me also is very connected. I remember when I went to see the exhibition "On Verra Bien", Christer Strömholm, right after he had died. When I looked at the pictures, I heard music. It wasnt just like that I heard a particular song, it was music inside my head that popped up as a saw his images. I wish I had written it down... :)

Well, you asked for music Fredrik, and here it is! The song is called Broken Shadows, Ornette Coleman from the bootleg "The Belgrad Concert" and inspired me to do these 2 pictures:





And of course concert photography is fun too, although I prefer to listen to the music. :)
Well here is one anyway, Sonny Simmons at Glenn Miller Café in Stockholm:



7 comments:

Exposed Material said...

Sonny, an all time classic! Great text and photographic work, Mats!

Anonymous said...

groovy, jazzy, classy

F said...

those top two images are splendid, just out of this world wonderful!

Jeanne

F said...

Agree with Jeanne, the top two is stunning - and the third smell music:)

/Thomas

F said...

Wonderful pictures Mats, an the one on Sonny is a classic :)
-alf

mats äleklint said...

Have you listened to the Ornette Coleman song? Would be fun to hear if you like it or not.

F said...

Great work here Mats!

/Christofer