16 November 2006

Fado for Cristina




One night in Lisboa we went to a restaurant where they played fado music. I think we were the only tourists and we ended up next to a very kind family visiting their daugher who studied. There where three ladies singing and two gentlemens accompanied them. I especially remember one lady, Berta Fernandez, who greeted us when we came. I bought her CD and it's quite nice but nothing compared to listening to her live. She's of course the lady in the first picture.

4 comments:

F said...

Fado. How I love it! Especially the classic fado, the kind of fado sung by Amalia Rodrigues. I've always wanted to go to Portugal, to Lisbon, to walk the streets and listen to fado. You bring me somewhat closer, Markus. At least in my mind. For that I am ever grateful.

J. S-g.

Anonymous said...

thank you fado. It's always good to listen to it, specially when I am that far from Portugal, beijinhos

Anonymous said...

I can just listen to it, you've captured Portuguese soul in those picture

mats äleklint said...

I have never heard fado, need to check it out! Like the pictures markus, especially the first one.